Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Year Gone By

I was thinking of writing this post on the first day of the year 2007. But then decided to write it today (03 Jan).

Its exactly a year today that I had hung up my uniform (or as some say hung up the boots) and ended my Commissioned Officer's role. And the year has been full of uncertainities, apprehensions and expectations about which shore we wash up to in 2007.

When I had taken the decision to quit the Armed Forces in August 2005, most of the people were amazed, some were shocked and a very miniscule percentage was pleased!!! Me and my wife were quite apprehensive where we are going. Gone were the society, the glamour, the 24 hr help and the furnished accomodation. And uncertainities were in abundance. We were leaving a comfortable, secured and glamorous life. The only bright lining on the horizon was my entry into SPJIMR and the support of some very close people who had the faith!! And with this we embarked on our journey into 2006.

2006 started off on a little slower note but took off well with me landing at SPJIMR, meeting fantastic people (from my course as well as other courses) and making some great buddies. But I feel the greatest news to start off was the doctor's call saying that me and my wife were on the way to parenthood. And what better impetus for taking the grind all through. Life at SPJIMR has been a fantastic roller coaster ride with the never ending assignments, PPTs and a lifetime of surprise quizzes. But then again there was small breathers in form of the Gita Shibir at Baroda. Thereafter, it was the Diwali vacation and then the tempo of the placement process which I had written about, in one of the earlier posts. The year ended on a great note with thrill of new jobs and a much pent up, sigh of relief (I bet it was, for many of us)!! And hence 2007 was welcomed with much more fun and relief.

2007 for me is a year of everything new. A new job, a new member in our family (me & my wife are waiting with bated breath for its arrival), a new home to setup and a new life to start. And perhaps start a seperate blog like, "Out of School @ 32"!!! But probably will just keep a simple blog without school and chronological age!!

But let us all have a bang of a year in 2007!!

PS: Below is a snap of the fireworks at the beach party on 31st Dec at INS Hamla


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the post is too short to sum up all that happened to you this year :) I bet it was one of your most eventful years marked by some very brave and sensible decisions and also of things going awry occasionally :) All of us are expecting the arrival of the new member with bated breath to! Nice way to usher in the New year albeit delayed by a week or two:) May God Bless You today and always

Anonymous said...

Hmm..thats a wonderful portrait-cum-diary of the year gone by! We are always enrolled in "The School of Life" where we do frequently hang up our boots to unlearn something or learn something new and in fact that is what is Life all about :) Three Cheers to the glorious moments at your Alma Mater and i m sure the relationships from here are going to last forever making a difference to our lives!