Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Adieu to another Alma Mater

Hi Everyone,

It is exactly an year that I got the idea of writing a journal on my return to school. And I thought this was the best date to write this post and bring an end to this blog.

On the train to Mumbai from Kolkata, I met Anshul Kumar, an IRMA graduate and working in the area of micro finance. He introduced me to the concept of blogs and blogging. And one thing turned to other and there was http://schoolat31.blogspot.com. The 31 stood for my chronological age during the moment. Today, one year hence, I am into the industry and for me it is an absolute new phase in my professional life. Military life to student life and now finally into the "civilian" industry. A pursuit which I began chasing in the last few months of 2005 has finally commenced and I have embarked on it full gusto.

The one year at SPJIMR has been an year of phenomenal learning in academics, non academics as well as life. I think my biggest learning has been from my 57 counterparts in the course as well as my fellowmates in the other programs at SPJIMR. They were people from some of the best organisations and some with some of the best educational backgrounds. But we all gelled with equal humility, camarederie and strongest possible kinsmanship. Above all it has been great fun to have so many good friends. All of us has now embarked on one's journey in pursuit of professional excellence and scale "that peak" across the horizon, where we want to reach in individual capacities.

At the same time a student is never successful or learned without the huge contribution of the "guru". I dont want to use the term teacher as I feel it is very superficial and anglicised and fails to capture the true meaning of the Indian concept. It is only for the selfless and fathomless dedication, that today we can dare to dream. The apt "guru dakshina" will be to achieve what they taught us for and what they want us to achieve. That is what the guru aspires for his (or her) students. Today when we embark on the journey of our professions, let us all make a promise to keep this in the back of our mind and blitzkrieg forward.

Au revoir and Godspeed.

PS: For those who would be interested to read my future blogs, can always visit, http://amitabhaghosh.blogspot.com

3 comments:

I am said...

hey will for sure visit you at the older blog. link my address to that one as well as this was..all the best to a civilan life style :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Amitabh, Now as you embark on an entirely new phase in your career, Suman joins me in wishing you and your family, the very best of luck in everything that you aspire to achieve. May God give you all the best of health and happiness to achieve that peak beyond the horizon. GOOD LUCK ON THIS VOYAGE.
Capt Prakash Tripathy

Durgasankar Mandal said...

Amitava,

I could see Swapanda's touch in your English.

We can't really escape the influence of that man, can we?